Sunday, February 15, 2015

Multimedia and Contiguity Principles

Stress and the Body
Over the course of the last week I've realized that when creating presentations, less text is definitely the way to go.  Actually, I had the honor of attending the PETE&C (The Pennsylvania Educational Technology Expo and Conference) in Hershey, PA earlier in the week.  Besides eating lots of chocolate and spending three nights in a chocolate scented hotel room, I was blessed to have heard our keynote speaker Guy Kawasaki talk about enchanting your audience.  Within his talk, he discussed how, by using less, we can get our point across much more easily.   

In the classroom, students have been learning about the various body systems and how they work together to help the body function well. Within this presentation, I have followed several rules such as including text with pictures,  keeping text and pictures as close together as possible, and keeping similar content on the same page.  I really enjoyed creating this project and plan on using it in my classroom very soon. I hope that you will enjoy my multimedia and contiguity principle presentation on stress and the body.    Do you know what body systems are involved in the stress response?    Watch my presentation to find out!




No comments:

Post a Comment