Monday, March 16, 2015

Podcast

Podcast Creation

For the assignment this week, I wanted to create the beginnings of a podcast series on Transitioning to the High School.  When our students enter the high school in the 9th grade, they really do not get very much instruction about where the offices are, what they do in the offices, and what resources are available.  The beginning of my podcast explains a little about our school and what we expect from students.  I've focused the end of the podcast on our main, guidance, and attendance offices.  My next podcast will cover the nurse, athletic office, and high school cafeteria.  After that, I hope to cover what resources are available to students if they are struggling academically.

Dr. Dianne gave me permission to use WeVideo for my podcast, or should I say vodcast.  While I liked the ease of use for WeVideo, the quality of my pictures and of the sound was not what I expected once I published.  My pictures were fuzzy and the voice recordings needed improvement.  Instead of using the WeVideo voice recorder, maybe I could have used Audacity and uploaded them into my project.  I'm not sure why the quality of the published video was poor. 


At any rate, my experience creating my first podcast was a pleasant one and I will be creating more in the future.  I will also use others that I have found in the iTunes store for years to come.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment