Saturday, July 5, 2014

Learning Objectives for 501 Research

Hello everyone,  
I’m trying to get a jump start on this assignment because I’m heading to Ohio on Tuesday, with my girls, to visit my mother who just had knee replacement.  I’m beginning to get excited about this assignment.  I'm still anxious and a bit apprehensive about the writing aspect, simply because I admit my writing skill aren't what they used to be.  Writing for 15 year olds is far different than writing for a graduate course.  My excitement comes from the fact that there is so much information available on either one of the topics I would like to base my research on. It's refreshing knowing that I haven't come to a dead end on the research part of the project. Anyway, after researching two areas I’m interested in, I came up with learning objectives, but cannot decide which would be best.  


1. I have a great interest in how gender affects technology use and how students attitudes, based on gender, affect their use of technology.  What do you think of this objective?


“Given a homogeneous gender specific health classroom with access to Chromebook technology, the students will be able to correctly identify barriers to technology use and correctly evaluate their own attitudes toward technology when a new skill is required.”


2. I also base most of my health class on the fact that the human body must remain in homeostasis to function optimally.  What do you think of this objective?


“Given a diagram of the human body with the body systems visible, the students will be able to correctly identify how two to three body systems are interrelated, and correctly evaluate consequences of proper nutrition and exercise, or lack thereof, to the systems as a whole.”  


Which do you think is better?  Can I improve?  Where are the weaknesses in either of my objectives?  Thanks for your help!!


No comments:

Post a Comment